Are you looking for a way to slow down your dog from gulping his/her food? Choosing the right dog bowl, with the many choices out there, may be challenging. But a ceramic slow-feeder dog bowl is one option.
Ceramic slow-feed dog bowls have their advantages. These slow-feed bowls can help prevent your dog from eating too quickly and improve his digestion.
Check out these ceramic slow-feeders we recommend for dog owners to improve their dog’s eating habits.
Why Choose a Ceramic Dog Bowl for a Slow Feeder
When your dog eats too fast, he tends to gulp in the air in the process. This generally causes canine bloat and indigestion. In these cases, slow-feeder dog bowls can help slow down your pets from finishing their meals too quickly.
Ceramic dog bowls have advantages over plastic and stainless steel bowls. Every slow-feeder provides an extra challenge for every dog, whether you are feeding them wet food, kibble or dry food, or a mix of both.
Advantages of Using Ceramic Slow Feeders
Ceramic slow feeders are a great solution to every pet owner’s problem of slowing down his furry friend during mealtime.
A slow feed bowl most often comes with a non-skid base that would prevent them from sliding on the floor or flat surfaces while your dog eats his meals. Most of these products are well-designed to accommodate every pet’s needs.
Ceramic is known for its strength and durability, It does not easily get brittle like plastic and get corroded over time like stainless steel.
Stays Cool Longer
Additionally, ceramic bowls remain cool, which is helpful in keeping food fresh longer.
Some ceramic slow-feed dog bowls are microwave-safe. Simply pop the slow feeder bowl on the microwave to heat your dog’s wet or raw food.
Easy to Clean
Ceramics requires no fuss in cleaning as they are easy to clean. Most are dishwasher-safe too.
Comes in Many Designs
On top of that, they come in a wide variety of designs, shapes, sizes, and colors to choose from, you have lots of choices to fit your home interior.
With a smooth finish, ceramic dog bowls ensure that our dogs stay scratch-free and safe while eating.
With all these advantages, it’s no surprise that ceramic is one of the most popular materials used in slow-feeder dog bowls.
Disadvantages of Using Ceramic Slow Feed Bowls
While ceramic slow-feed bowls have their advantages, they do not come without disadvantages. There are a few cons to using ceramic slow-feed bowls.
Weighing a little heavier than plastic ones. They may add quite a burden when traveling. If you plan on frequently taking your puppy or dog on trips, it might be a better option to choose one made of lighter materials such as plastic.
Prone to Cracking/Chipping
A small drop or bump on the floor or wall can cause a ceramic slow-feed dog bowl to crack or chip off. Any crack or chip would be a hazard to your pup in case they ingest some of the ceramic material.
Given the advantages and disadvantages above, it is up to you to analyze if the pros of using ceramic slow-feeder bowls far outweigh the cons.
Our Choices of the Best Ceramic Slow Feeder Dog Bowls
Slow-feeder dog bowls come in various styles, colors, and sizes. But if you are looking for ceramic ones in particular, here are our favorites.
Our Top Pick
- Ceramic Material, Keep Away From Black Jaws - The veterinarian recommends using a ceramic bowl for your dogs. According to investigations, plastic bowls are easy to hide dirt and cause black jaws. If you love your dog, our ceramic slow food bowl will be your best choice. These dog feeder bowls are made from ceramic. Microwave safe, you can heat...
- Durable Ceramic，Prevent Your Dog From Eating Plastic - We found that plastic slow food bowls are easily damaged by dogs, they will bite and eat by mistake. The surface of the plastic will also fall off during use, which is not conducive to a healthy diet for dogs. We use ceramic material, strong and durable, not easy to damage, so your dog could...
- Easy To Clean, Not Easy To Hide Dirt - Smooth glaze has good effect that not easy to hide dirt and residual odor. The feeders are dishwasher safe and easy to clean. It means less work for you and more playtime with your puppy.
- Non-slip, Say Goodbye To The Messy Floor - These ceramic dog bowls are heavy enough(about 1.3kg) and non-slip base so that the dog cannot move easily while eating. Whether your dog has a diet of dry, wet, or raw food, these non-slip bowls will do the trick!
- Large Ceramic Dog Bowl Microwave Safe Stop Overeating: Our dog feeder food bowls are made from ceramic. Microwave safe, you can heat your dog's food and water at any time. If you love your dog, our ceramic slow feeder bowl will be your best choice. YOUR PETS DESERVE THE BEST！Using our slow feeder bowl that Your pet could change his fast and...
- Ceramic Dog Bowls capacity : Measures 8.6" Dia x 1.57"H, Weight: 2.7LB, Perfect for small/medium/large size dogs .Especially for medium and large sized dogs ! Anti-Chocking And Slow Down The Eating Time - Unique interactive design,promotes healthy slow eating, helping prevent obesity, bloat, regurgitation and overeating. Also the smooth design of...
- Durable Ceramic Easy Clean: Ceramic material great for your Dog's healthy! like human beings most are use ceramic material for food bowl.these slow bowls can be use for dry, wet, or raw food. These ceramic slow feeder bowls are dishwasher safe and easy to clean.We found that plastic slow food bowls are easily damaged by dogs,but ceramic material...
- Heavy weighted non-slip base : these cute modern ceramic dog dishes are heavy enough,so your pets even large dogs not easy to move it arund. The non-slip bottom base on the slow dog feeder plus it has heavy enough(about 1.2kg) so that the dog or other pets cannot move easily while eating. stopping this ceramic dog dish from sliding around, Keeps...
- 🦴【CERAMIC MATERIAL】 Veterinarians highly recommend using our ceramic slow food bowl for dogs to prevent jaw diseases, and allergies. Our durable, microwave-safe, and easy-to-clean bowl has a slow food column design that slows down the speed of pet eating, improving your dog's IQ, and preventing health issues associated with overeating.
- 🦴【DURABLE AND HEATABLE】 Our ceramic slow-food bowl is a better choice than plastic bowls, which can easily be damaged and produce unhealthy chemicals when heated. Our bowl is made of ceramic, ensuring it can withstand wear and tear while also being microwave-safe, so you can heat your dog's food and water whenever needed.
- 🦴【EASY TO CLEAN】 Our slow food bowl is perfect for all types of dog food, and the smooth glaze makes it easy to clean without hiding any dirt or food residues. It can be washed with clean water or is dishwasher safe, making it hassle-free and easy to maintain.
- 🦴【HEAVY AND STABLE】 Our ceramic bowl weighs about 1.1 kg and has a nonslip bottom, making it stable and difficult for dogs to move, even for larger breeds. This ensures that your dog can eat comfortably without creating a mess, keeping your floor clean and tidy.
- STYLISH AND SIMPLE DESIGN – Our patented dish with multiple shallow smooth edged bowls slows down the rate at which your pet eats without causing frustration. Our Daisy bowl is the perfect flat cat bowl that won’t cause whisker fatigue. A flat dog bowl ideal for a French Bulldog food bowl that won't hurt your dog’s nose, mouth or tongue. Our...
- HEALTHY AND SAFE – Unlike steel, plastic, melamine or other materials, our high quality food safe ceramic bowls are scratch, stain, rust and odor resistant. Our pet dishes are certified lead and cadmium free. They are hand painted before they are glazed so there is little risk of paint flaking or peeling
- EASY TO CLEAN – The silky smooth surface of the slow feeder bowl makes it easy to clean in the dishwasher or by hand washing leaving no residual water marks. Conveniently dishwasher, microwave, oven and freezer safe
- ANTI SLIP AND FLIP – We've included a non-slip mat, made from food contact safe silicon which prevents the bowl moving on slippery surfaces during meal times. The Daisy bowl is heavy and stable which prevents your pet from flipping it over
Make Your Choice
With these slow-feed dog bowl choices, surely your problem of canine bloat and getting your dog to eat slowly is now resolved. Choose what is perfect for your pets depending on their breeds, the amount of dog food they consume every meal and other factors.
Take note, though, to always check for cracks and chips in your dog’s particular bowl. Any crack can cut your dogs’ mouths and tongues while eating. Also, cracks create crevices where bacteria and fungi can thrive.
Once you see any crack or chip, dispose of the dog bowl immediately. As always, it is better to be safe than sorry.