Welcoming a new puppy into your home brings endless joy and excitement. However, it also comes with a few challenges, particularly when it comes to fostering healthy behaviors. From the inevitable teething phase to preventing destructive chewing habits, it can sometimes feel like a daunting task. That’s where a puppy pacifier steps in as a valuable tool to promote healthy behaviors among puppies.
In this blog post, we will explore the numerous benefits of using a puppy pacifier and how it can positively influence your furry friend’s development. Whether you’re a new pet parent or looking to enhance your training techniques, join us as we delve into the world of puppy pacifiers and discover the key advantages they offer in shaping a well-behaved and contented pup.
AT A GLANCE (SEE ON AMAZON):
- Best Overall: Nylabone Puppy Chew Teething Pacifier
- Runner Up: Ethical Puppy Pacifier Latex Dog Toy
- Budget Pick: FOUFIT 3-Inch Dog Paci-Chew
- Also Great: Vibrant Life Playful Buddy Puppy Pacifier
Is There a Puppy or Dog Pacifier?
The simple answer is yes. And the next question is, can puppies use pacifiers? Again, the answer is yes, of course.
Puppy pacifiers are specially designed toys that can help soothe your pup’s chewing urges, reduce anxiety, and promote healthy teething. Whether you’re a new puppy parent or a seasoned dog owner, puppy pacifiers are an excellent addition to your toolkit for a happy, healthy, and well-behaved pup.
Benefits of Using a Puppy Pacifier
Puppy pacifiers help your puppies relax and get some much-needed comfort. These products are designed to mimic the soothing effects of a mother’s teat, providing comfort for puppies during their teething days.
Aid in Teething
Puppies, especially the teething ones, also use pacifiers. Puppy chew toys like teething pacifiers are essential tools for your pups’ growing process, especially during their teething stage.
When puppies are teething, their gums are throbbing, and most of the time, they experience pain. Hence, a pacifier soothes the discomfort or pains from their growing teeth.
Developing Better Chewing Habits
Training your little pups to chew on their puppy pacifiers can help them build positive chewing habits while they are still young. This habit can also prevent future problems with your dogs from ripping off or chewing on your shoes, sofas, and other home furniture.
Puppy pacifiers are recommended by vets when your pups are just starting to learn to eat. It encourages them to grab the teether with their mouths and teeth and teaches them to chew.
Dental Health Benefits
Dental and oral health is as important in dogs as in humans. Keeping your pup’s teeth healthy is an important part of their overall health. And puppy pacifiers provide dental health benefits as well.
Puppy pacifiers also have oral benefits since they clean your puppies’ teeth and gums and remove some of that tartar build-up.
The sucking motion that puppies make when using a pacifier helps to reduce plaque buildup on their teeth, keeping their gums and teeth healthy. This can also help prevent the onset of periodontal diseases.
Using a puppy pacifier can also help alleviate the pain of teething pups. During this time, puppies may chew on furniture or other objects to relieve discomfort in their gums. A puppy pacifier is a much healthier alternative! The textured surface helps massage sore gums while providing much-needed comfort and distraction from teething pains.
Preventing Aggressive Chewing
While most puppies go through a chewing phase as they grow, it can become problematic if it starts to get out of hand. Fortunately, puppy pacifiers can alleviate this chewing problem.
A puppy pacifier is an alternative chew toy that mitigates chewing tendencies. Sucking on a pacifier re-directs the dog’s energy away from chewing.
Puppy pacifiers also help keep them calm and relaxed during stressful times. As a result, the development of destructive behaviors such as aggressive chewing is eliminated.
The Best Puppy Pacifiers
Having a good puppy pacifier chew toy will make your puppies occupied and have that good chewing instinct. Hence, our team has listed and reviewed five of the best puppy pacifiers.
Our Top Pick
- SOOTHES GUMS - Dog chew toy is made with softer material for teething puppies without permanent teeth
- ENCOURAGES HEALTHY CHEWING HABITS FROM THE START - Puppy teething pacifier satisfies pups' innate urge to chew
- KEEPS YOUR PUPPY ENGAGED - Bright colors and intriguing textures help keep your pup entertained
- PROMOTES DENTAL HEALTH - Dog pacifier chew toy features nubs to help clean teeth and massage gums
- Extra Durable
- Long Lasting Latex
- Sized rRght for Teething Pups and Small Dog
- 2 Pack
- Interactive squeaker inside
- Bumpy texture cleans teeth and reduces tarter with chewing
- Discourages destructive chewing habits
- Vibrant Life Playful Buddy Puppy/Dog Pacifier- Colors Vary
- Teething Puppies: The KONG Puppy Binkie has a unique pacifier shape that's made using a soft, natural rubber formula. It is designed to support growing puppies during teething by soothing their sore teeth and gums
- Appropriate Chewing: This gentle but long-lasting toy helps satisfy instinctual needs and chewing behavior by encouraging healthy play. This treat-dispensing puppy toy is a viable solution for chewing, separation anxiety, teething, boredom, weight...
- Great for Stuffing: Fill up the KONG Binkie with your pup's favorite snacks or meals to help them learn important traits such as independence, problem-solving, and trusting their instincts. It also promotes physical activity to help manage your pup's...
Choose from the Best
Giving your small dogs the right comfort toys can really be appreciated by them and will greatly help them become active in their daily activities.
In choosing the right puppy pacifiers, always consider that you are only providing your puppy with the best and safest for his development and health.
When picking the perfect puppy pacifier, plenty of options are available, and there’s always something for every pup’s taste. Choose the best fit for your puppies today, and they’ll thank you for it!